An Affordable Yamaha Upright for School, Rehearsal Hall, and Home
The Yamaha P22 Acoustic Upright Piano is a perfect instrument for schools and rehearsal areas, although this finely crafted (and surprisingly affordable) instrument is often chosen by experienced players for both home and professional use. In professional music circles, the Yamaha name speaks for itself. Since Torakusu Yamaha built his first reed organ in 1887, Yamaha has grown into the largest musical instrument manufacturer in the world. The company began building pianos in 1902: Over a century of piano-making expertise has gone into the Yamaha P22 Acoustic Upright Piano.
- Spruce keys and optimal key travel
- Permanent Crown for maximum tonal quality and sonic depth
- Solid spruce soundboard
Spruce keys and optimal key travelYou’ll know you’re playing a Yamaha from the moment your fingers grace the keys. Every Yamaha piano uses spruce keys, chosen for its light weight and excellent strength-to-weight ratio. When you play a Yamaha every nuance and detail of your playing is captured, thanks to the fast response and effortless repitition. And every Yamaha piano is designed to have the same optimum key travel, so every Yamaha piano will play exactly the same.
Permanent Crown for maximum tonal quality and sonic depthThe crown of the soundboard in every Yamaha piano is reinforced with full-length ribs that continue to the edge of the soundboard. They are then glued to the notched liner (or innter rim on the grand piano), for optimum transfer of vibration to the body of the piano. The extra reinforcement ensures maximum tonal quality and sonic depth that will last for years, as well as enhancing tuning stability for consistent performance.
Solid spruce soundboardThe heart and soul of every Yamaha piano is the solid spruce soundboard, selected from only the finest top 10% of quarter-sawn solid spruce. You’ll be captivated by the harmonic richness and incredible detail that can never be achieved with lower-quality laminated materials. The finest pianos in the world rely on solid spruce soundboards for maximum amplification, tone, and sustain – which is why you’ll find it in every Yamaha piano.
- A gorgeous Yamaha upright with a traditional Satin American Walnut finish
- Full length ribs into a notched liner
- Solid copper wound bass strings
- Hard maple bridges
- Aluminum alloy action rails for stable, long-lasting action regulation
- Yamaha balanced action
- Cut thread tuning pins
- Locking fallboard keeps keyboard secure when you’re not there
- Oversized casters facilitate moving the piano from studio to studio
- Seasoned for Destination to protect against humidity and temperature fluctuations
- Yamaha designed hammers with T-fasteners
- Vacuum Shield Mold Process (V-Pro) plate