Traditional Acoustic Playability Made Versatile
The Conservatory Collection is the heart of Yamaha’s line of classically styled grand pianos. With its clear, warm sound and amazing playability encompassed by painstaking craftsmanship and traditional sophistication, these pianos have graced stages around the world as well as the music rooms in schools and homes with the elegance only a superior instrument can provide. The C7X adds the convenience of Silent Piano technology for when you need to play but want to avoid disturbing neighbors, as a teaching tool when giving or taking lessons, and for ease and flexibility while recording. Whether you’re a night owl songwriter trying not to wake baby or a music director looking to provide a more conducive learning environment for students, Yamaha’s C7X gives you acoustic grand piano presence and playability with the convenient features you need from an electronic instrument.
- Technology meets traditional playability
- Versatility and great sound for recording
- Flexibility for the home, stage, and rehearsal room
Technology meets traditional playabilitySilent Piano technology puts the power of Yamaha’s digital engineering into your hands without compromising acoustic grand piano playability or sound. Engage the Quiet mode on the C7X’s module and hammer shank stoppers prevent the hammers from striking the strings allowing you to plug in headphones and experience the sounds of a meticulously sampled CFX, Yamaha’s flagship acoustic grand piano, without your C7X actually making any sound. With MIDI I/O you can use the C7X as a controller for your favorite virtual instruments and plug into your favorite iOS device to access Yamaha’s NoteStar and Piano Diary applications to enhance your playing experience. You’ll have 19 sounds to choose from when you play along to any of the 50 (53 total) included songs – Yamaha gives you a copy of “50 Greats for the Piano” which contains all the scores to the onboard songs. Just because you’re in your living room doesn’t mean you can’t sound like you’re playing in a grand concert hall. Simply scroll through the four reverb presets to change the feel of your sound from the punchiness of a recital room to big stage presence.
Versatility and great sound for recordingThe C7X’s usefulness in the studio doesn’t stop at its MIDI capabilities. A front panel USB connection lets you plug in to the module and record audio files directly to your computer or, you can record WAV files to a thumb drive and import them into your DAW for editing and mixing – all without running a single cable! If you want direct piano sound but still want the ‘feel’ of the room, you can disengage the Quiet mode and let the C7X’s voice ring out for the mics while still capturing the clarity of the direct sound from the module. Recording a live session? Onboard fine tuning let you adjust the pitch of the C7X to match other instruments without the hassle of retuning the entire piano. Yet another great convenience of the Silent Piano technology, if you discover right before a session that your C7X happens to have wandered out of tune as acoustic instruments do, simply use the auxiliary audio output and record the module’s sound directly avoid that emergency call to your piano tuner.
Flexibility for the home, stage, and rehearsal roomWhether you’re in need of a versatile instrument for your home, school, house of worship, or concert venue, the C7X has the flexibility to fit your needs. Silent Piano technology lets you move between acoustic sound and silent operation as you need. At home, use quiet mode to practice songs in the early morning or late at night, and when friends and family are gathered for the holidays, use the beautiful acoustic voice of C7X for sing alongs. Teachers and students at music schools are often distracted by the sound of other lessons taking place at the same time. The module lets both teacher and student plug in headphones to monitor playing, hear the onboard metronome, and record lessons for helpful playback. Houses of worship and other live music venues will find controlling the volume level of the C7X in the room by using the PA instead of acoustic baffles or closing the lid helps maintain the fullness of sound and performance impact you expect from an acoustic grand piano.
- 7’6″ acoustic grand piano with Silent Piano technology
- Non-contact key and hammer sensors for expressive playability
- Damper, Sostenuto, and Shift pedals
- Quick Escape mechanism silences strings without compromising keybed response
- Piano voice is binaurally sampled Yamaha CFX piano
- Four types of digitally controlled piano effects maintain the characteristics of acoustic performance
- 19 voices including electric pianos, organs, and more
- Onboard metronome for precise practicing
- 256 notes of polyphony for huge sound
- 53 onboard songs – 50 to play along to, 3 exhibit the sonic abilities
- Two recording systems – Built-in recorder and USB audio recorder
- Simple and easy switching to “Silent” mode with the press of a button
- 2 headphone outputs for simultaneous monitoring
- MIDI I/O for application interfacing or using piano as MIDI controller
- Auxiliary input let you jam along to tracks on any 1/8″-equipped device
- Aux and speaker connections give you versatile audio output options
- Includes power adapter, headphones, headphones holder, owner’s manual, music book “50 Greats for the Piano”
Yamaha’s C7X SH is your choice for traditional playability and modern versatility