A Complete Drum Kit at a Great Price
Buying an affordable set of drums may feel like a bit of a gamble, but we’re committed to making sure you get more than your money’s worth out of the gear you buy. That’s why we stand behind our TAMA Imperialstar drum sets. For starters, you just can’t beat the value of these kits, which come with a complete set of stage-ready TAMA hardware and quality Meinl cymbals. The poplar shells themselves sound remarkably good too, making this the kind of kit you buy as your first and end up holding onto for life.
Includes all you need — just add sticks
TAMA takes the guesswork out of assembling a truly playable set of drums. Included with your Imperialstar is a quality set of Meinl HCS cymbals — 14″ hi-hats, a 16″ crash, and a 20″ ride — for a stage-ready sound. An Iron Cobra 200 kick pedal provides a smooth playing action for your bass drum, and a full selection of Stage Master stands (based on TAMA’s high-end Roadpro hardware) provides the stability you need. The cherry on top is the HT25 drum throne, which provides comfort for long playing sessions.
The warm, balanced tone of poplar
The shells of your TAMA Imperialstar are made from eight plies of solid poplar. Poplar is known for its quick decay and full-bodied tone, which are just the qualities you want for close-miking applications onstage or in the studio.
100% glued wraps
Unlike some budget kits, the Imperialstar’s attractive wrapped finishes are glued 360° around the shells to eliminate buzzing or lifting of any kind. This leads to long-lasting good looks and a more consistent, resonant tone throughout the kit.
Better performance through precision bearing edges
Bearing edges play a big part in how your drums sound and tune up over time. Fortunately, TAMA’s edge-cutting process produces clean bearing edges on all the Imperialstar’s shells. The result is that drums ring true, with a wide tuning range and sensitive playing dynamics to suit most styles of music.
TAMA Imperialstar 6-piece Drum Kit Features:
- A great-playing drum kit at an affordable price
- Sizes: 10″ and 12″ toms, 14″ and 16″ floor toms, 22″ kick drum, and 14″ snare
- Includes cymbals, stands, pedal, and throne — just add drumsticks
- Poplar shells offer natural warmth and balanced dynamics
- Precision bearing edges enhance sensitivity, tuning range, and resonance
- 360° glued wrap finishes eliminate buzzing and lifting
- Black nickel hardware offers a nuanced look
- Quality Meinl HCS cymbal pack includes 14″ hi-hats, a 16″ crash, and a 20″ ride
- Iron Cobra 200 kick pedal plays fast and smooth
- Stage Master stands are stable and easy to customize
- HT25 drum throne is comfortable beyond its price point